Sunday, September 23, 2007

blogging again

starters and finishers...... after a long break, I'm back again. put to shame by hayley's mummy who's been hard at work on the blog machine (or is that the milk machine??). I guess if Hayley says she's reading my blog then I'd better give her something to read!!

so as my blog indicates, I always start things with the best intentions to keep at it and then never get further than two steps..... there's a person for everything and I'm the person who starts things but not a great one to keep at it and finish it. I need to find someone who is a finisher. I need to keep searching, because my boy isn't one either. Hayley, I'm not so sure you should be reading this, but I'm sure your mummy would be getting some joy out of it!!! Isn't that right, mummy??

anyhoo, I'm struggling to finish off planning for our trip to japan, which is only 3 weeks away. I'm procrastinating which is why I'm updating my blog!!! why not, at least I have something to write about. wo, we are taking almost 3 weeks off and heading to the land of the rising sun to chase after geishas in gion, marvel at the wonder of japanese electronics in den-den town, and search for densha Otoko (電車男) on the JR trains. and not to mention 3 weeks off work. I can't wait!! I've been checking out accommodation options today and am drawn to the traditional ryokan style japanese inns, but somewhat concerned about the daunting prospect of a communal bath (separate male and females facilities for those who are wondering). the idea of sleeping in futons on a tatami in a room shielded by rice-paper doors is very appealing. reminds me of the Doraemon cartoons! does the lure of of Doraemon experience outweigh the ickiness of having to bathe in a shared bathroom where there are not even any cubicles to semi-hide in??? I'm not quite sure about that. there might be other options though, which only further research will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'll be frequenting your blog every day. Hope u'll continue blogging when u're in Jp. Sue

ditmeister said...

Well I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post to my blog in Jpn. But ah well it will give me an excuse to visit a Japanese internet cafe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...