Monday, January 10, 2011

blythemania

i recently learnt about blythe... a doll that has a cult following that i was oblivious to... until friday.  two days later, i've fallen in love with her... everything about her appeals to everything that is me.  each blythe is as unique as her owner and is customisable.  you can meet a few blythes below...  most of these have been customised & dressed up in handmade items.  there are businesses run on places like ebay & etsy with accessories for her.

photo by let2see.com

since being told about her two days ago, i've also "adopted" a blythe. the mister thinks i've gone mad, because miss blythe doesn't come cheap... but i just couldn't resist her.  i am sure my mister fears i will be carrying this 12 inch doll around, pausing often in public to photograph her when i'm out with him.  he knows me too well!  my only advice to him is to practise looking like he doesn't know me!!!  miss blythe is definitely not quite as subtle as my 2.5 inch sonny angel doll "chichi" who has graced my photographs thus far.

so now i'm "patiently" waiting for miss bohemian peace to come from a land far, far, far away (factory in china, to shelf in hk warehouse, to the courier room at work) to live with me.

miss bohemian peace

photo by blythedoll.com

something i was delighted to learn about miss blythe was that she was the model for the alexander mcqueen range that launched at the chainstore target in march last year. the campaign was shown around nyc & gina garan who started the blythe craze with her book "this is blythe" (released in 2000 featuring photos of blythe in locations all around the world), was also the blythe style consultant for the campaign. last night whilst out in balmain with some girlfriends, i thought i spotted a diet coke ad in a bus shelter that had blythe on it... or was it just me mixing what's in my mind with reality???

target advertising

photo by blythedoll.com

gina garan photos of blythe



photos by gina garan

isn't she cool? i can't wait to get her, shoot her, customise her, shoot her, & share her with the world!

blythe for now... (oops i meant bye!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, my cousin brings his Bruce Lee doll around (yes even on overseas trips) and takes photos of him ALL the time. Complete with change of clothes and all... :P

(this is Issy btw)

hello ditty... said...

hey shadow, thx for visiting my blog and reassuring me that i'm not abnormal :)

i'm still waiting for blythe to get delivered and thinking of ordering some clothes for her! why is she taking so long to come? grrr....

does your cousin have some photos of bruce i can view? perhaps bruce & blythe could go on a photoshoot together teehee!

Unknown said...

I'll post some pics to you on FB :D

hello ditty... said...

cool I can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...